Booking Policy and Payment Policy
A credit card is used to secure a reservation and a deposit may be required. Full payment of accommodation to be undertaken 48 hours before arrival by credit card.
Minimum Stay – During Christmas and New Year there may be a minimum stay for some of the accommodation rooms. If this is the case we will notify you at the time of your booking or outline this on the booking schedule. Additional conditions – may be included for bookings made during peak periods, public holidays or special events. You will be advised at the time of booking if these extra conditions apply.
Photo id is required upon check in.
Rate includes New Zealand Goods and Services Tax of 15%.
All reservation requests are subject to confirmation.
Burt Munro Challenge 2024
Minimum stay 2 nights if arriving 7-8-9-10 February 2024. 50% Non refundable, non transferable deposit required at the time of reservation. Balance due 1 December 2023 and once the balance is due no refunds will be given. Any amendments to booking after 1 December will incur $35 admin fee per change.
Credit Card Details
When you arrive at the Tuatara Lodge you will be asked to present a valid credit card to cover incidentals or delayed and amended charges during your stay. The Tuatara Lodge will take a copy of this and retain it to give to your credit card provider in the case of a payment dispute.
The booking of accommodation is a contract between our two parties. The Tuatara Lodge will provide the accommodation and services described and agreed. The guest undertakes to pay for the accommodation booked unless it has been cancelled by them in accordance with the following. Below is the full version and should be read in conjunction with the summary above:
- If you cancel more than 48 hours before your booking, there is no charge.
- If you cancel within the 48 hour period, there may be a charge.
- If you fail to arrive for your booking, you will be liable for the full booking cost.
- If you cancel your booking more than 48 hours before midday of your expected day of arrival, a full refund of any deposit paid will be forwarded to you. If you cancel your booking within the 48 hour period before midday of your expected day of arrival and we are able to rebook the rooms, you will receive a full refund of your deposit paid. If we are unable to rebook the rooms reserved by you, the Tuatara Lodge reserves the right to retain your deposit.
- If you have issued your Credit Card details as a means of reserving the room and no deposit has been given or taken, and the above applies, then the Tuatara Lodge reserves the right to debit your Credit Card for half the expected cost of the room reserved by you.
- If you have paid a deposit by cheque, cash, credit card or any other means and you cancel on the day you are due to arrive or there is no prior notification of cancellation and you fail to arrive, then the Tuatara Lodge reserves the right to retain the deposit paid. In cases where the deposit does not cover the actual loss incurred, the Tuatara Lodge reserves the right to issue an invoice for the balance.
- If you have issued your Credit Card details as a means of reserving the room and no deposit has been given or taken, and you cancel on the day you are due to arrive or there is no prior notification of cancellation and you fail to arrive, then the Tuatara Lodge reserves the right to debit your Credit Card for the full amount of the expected room cost.
- In all situations described above, where a deposit has not been paid and credit card details have not been issued, the Tuatara Lodge reserves the right to issue an invoice for the appropriate amount.